Sunday 1 August 2010

Over and out

Well, the time has finally arrived - our first holiday in two years. I'm not sure taking Emily to a work conference in Ireland for 3 days last year counts as a holiday, even though she did enjoy the pool down in the spa! This is going to be a proper unplugged holiday, spending time with the family and hopefully having time to made reasonable headway in my summer reading of choice, Stephen King's Under The Dome. Better be good, it's taken up half the case. The other half's nappies.

Packing will be sooo much easier once Emily's a bit older - taking a cot sheet, 2 sleeping bags, a booster seat, nappies, baby milk and various food stuffs has taken up a lot of space which, frankly, I could have easily used for more books or pedicure products! I admit to being a slightly neurotic packer, at least on Emily's behalf, and I've put in 2 cans of baked beans and some Weetabix, just so that I know she'll be able to eat something for the first few days at least. Pathetic. Her eating patterns are really most irritating - yesterday we went to Ask, and she not only ate the mush food which I'd brought for her, but also quite a lot of garlic bread, some of Isabel's pasta, a large portion of raspberries and a scoop of chocolate ice cream. And then today she turned her nose up at my roast chicken Sunday dinner, and would only eat it if I pureed it. Grrrrr! I was very tempted to pack the hand blender but didn't in the end, let's hope I don't live to regret it.

So, since this is an unplugged holiday the laptop's staying home. Farewell laptop, I wish I could say I'll miss you, but that would be a lie. But I may miss my faithful readers - back with photos and tales of various escapades in a couple of weeks.....

No comments:

Post a Comment